Volunteer Mentor - Hull MENTOR
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference to a young person aged 14 to 18? Would you like to support a young person who has involvement with the Youth Justice Service in Hull, to help them make positive changes to their lives?
Sova Hull MENTOR are currently recruiting Volunteers to support and mentor young people whilst they are attached to the Hull Youth Justice Service. As a volunteer you will be providing one to one support to a young person via direct fortnightly sessions based in the local community and hopefully help them to make positive changes in their lives, building a brighter and crime free future.
The role of a Volunteer Mentor is to:
- Make a positive impact on the life of socially excluded individuals
- Provide one to one support so that the young person can identify and achieve their personal goals
- Build a proactive and encouraging relationship
- Support a young person whilst they are attached to the Youth Justice Service
- Provide a listening ear and be someone independent from the Youth Justice Service
No experience is necessary as full training and support is provided.
Time commitment: 1-4 hours per week
Closing date: 31/03/2018